directory-dev mailing list archives

From Trustin Lee <trus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [mina] TLS protocol closure and MINA versioning strategy.
Date Fri, 14 Oct 2005 15:44:04 GMT
2005/10/15, Alex Karasulu <aok123@bellsouth.net>:

> -1 this was decided a while back ... maintain consistency for now.

Yes, we've talked over IM after I had sent this message. I realized I don't
need to change our versioning scheme at all while talking with you. We'll
release 0.8 and 0.9 this month. ApacheDS 0.9.5 will include StartTLS support
based on MINA 0.8. But we won't be able to implement TLS closure (reverting
back to non-encrypted connection without disconnection) with MINA 0.8. We'll
have to migrate to MINA 0.9 after we release MINA 0.9 which will support TLS
closure.

Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/