directory-dev mailing list archives

From Trustin Lee <trus...@gmail.com>
Subject [mina] TLS protocol closure and MINA versioning strategy.
Date Fri, 14 Oct 2005 03:38:41 GMT
Hi,

Now we are able to implement StartTLS, but what about TLS closure (reverting
back to non-encrypted mode)?

I've found that MINA filters cannot filter session close requests so that
SSLFilter send close_notify. We also don't have any way to notify the
removal of SSLFilter from session-scope filter chain to SSLFilter itself so
that it can send close_notify to revert back to non-encrypted mode without
closing the connection in MINA 0.7. Fortunately we've got filterAdded and
filterRemoved in trunk (0.9 stream).

I think porting back these features and adding filterClose() to filters in
0.7 stream just increases my maintenance overhead. I'd like to change
current linux-like versioning scheme of MINA to just plain one; to release
current branch as 0.7.5 and trunk as 0.8 soon with full StartTLS and TLS
closure support. I don't see any good reason to retain current versioning
scheme in current situation.

WDYT?

Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/