directory-dev mailing list archives

From Trustin Lee <trus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] Interpretting AuthenticationLevel in ACIItem
Date Fri, 07 Oct 2005 01:43:16 GMT
2005/10/7, Alex Karasulu <aok123@bellsouth.net>:

> I had made a presumption about how this works but want to make sure:
>
> Does an ACIItem granting some permissions based on the
> AuthenticationLevel of none automatically grant these permissions to
> users with an AuthenticationLevel of simple, and strong?
>
> Is this assumption correct?

The AuthenticationLevel of a user is related with RelatedUserClassFilter:

* If the ACITuple is a grant, all tuples whose authLevel is greater than
user's one will be discarded
* If the ACITuple is a denial, all tuples which are not related and whose
authLevel is not greater than user's one will be discarded.

Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/