directory-dev mailing list archives

From Ceki Gülcü <>
Subject Re: upgrading to nlog4j.1.2.17
Date Wed, 19 Oct 2005 16:19:12 GMT
At 06:05 PM 10/19/2005, you wrote:
>2005/10/20, Alex Karasulu <<>>:
>>Hmmm I guess this is because of the Spring's dep on Log4J right?  Then
>>let's use Log4J with SLF4J across the board just to be consistent.  WDYT?
>Spring uses Commons-Logging AFAIK.  Later we will have to completely
>remove Spring dependency and provide ApacheDS-centric configuration
>schema.  When we get rid of Spring, we can simply use nlog4j.

Are you aware of jcl104-over-slf4j.jar ?

In other words, you can still use library X, e.g. Spring, which
depends on JCL. However, if you replace commons-logging.jar with
jcl104-over-slf4j.jar, then the selection of the underlying logging
system will be done by SLF4J without the class loader headaches. The
underlying logging system can be any of NOP, simple, jdk14 logging,
log4j or NLOG4J. Spring's commons-logging dependency becomes a moot

I hope this is relevant to the discussion. Is it, by the way?

>what we call human nature is actually human habit

Ceki Gülcü

   The complete log4j manual:
   Improve your Sudoku skills at

View raw message