directory-dev mailing list archives

From Ceki Gülcü <lis...@qos.ch>
Subject Re: upgrading to nlog4j.1.2.17
Date Wed, 05 Oct 2005 14:12:48 GMT

Hello Nick,

Are you aware of IDEA's (version 5.0) ability to export jar files from
a module (IDEA->Settings->Modules->Order/Export)? For example, if
module X depends on jar file a.jar, it can export a.jar so that module
Y which depends on X can also access a.jar.

Thus, my first suggestion would be to remove the expanded (or
exploded) versions of nlog4j and slf4j from ApacheDS module. When
that's done, try exporting/not exporting nlog4j from the ApacheDS
module.

At 05:39 AM 9/14/2005, Nick Faiz wrote:

 > When I run a main method in module1 (which doesn't use ApacheDS) all
 > log statements in modules 1, 2 and 3 work quite well. When it finally
 > reaches a logging statement in module4, which *does* use ApacheDS, I
 > see a NoSuchMethodError:

I could not find documentation about what IDEA does when multiple
modules declare the same dependency.  However, given the above, and
given that module4 which depends on ApacheDS, assuming if ApacheDS
exported nlog4j, module4 would no longer need to declare log4j as a
dependency. One could then speculate that the NoSuchMethodError would
no longer occur.

Does that make sense? Even better, does it work?

--
Ceki Gülcü