directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: newbie question, adding a new ldap schema....
Date Mon, 31 Oct 2005 20:22:06 GMT
Steven_Carmody@brown.edu wrote:

> At 12:35 PM -0500 10/31/05, Alex Karasulu wrote:
>
>> Steven_Carmody@brown.edu wrote:

> the text seemed to say that I could only add new schema "the first
> time ApacheDS starts up" -- but you're saying there's a way to shut
> down the server, add additional schema, and restart the server....?

Hmmm where do you see this ... if there is misdocumented items then we
need to fix that.  Sorry for the confusiosn.

> Is that true?
>
> ... is yes, than that's more than sufficient.....

Yes of course.  Just add the schema to the schema section of the
configuration XML file.  Look at server.xml for an example.  Shutdown,
add schema, and restart ... you should see the new schema elements
available under cn=schema.

Cheers,
Alex