directory-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Faiz <n...@atlassian.com>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] Clarification on logging and javaapp jar
Date Sun, 30 Oct 2005 23:17:32 GMT
Hi Alex,

Alex Karasulu wrote:

> If there are classes people would like to use in this main module then
> we should break it up so there is a different artifact that is used
> which does not package the log4j.properties file.   Let me know if
> anyone had this intention.

I had in mind a general scenario when I specified log4j.properties in
the exclude property. I thought that it was probably healthier to keep
log4j.properties file out of jars. It should probably end up in a conf
or directory, or something like that, for the standalone.

With regards to the standalone configuration - I still haven't done it.
I've been going through an incredibly busy period at work. I will see to
it when thing quiet down (should be soon). If someone else can step in
and do it I'm also happy to help in whatever way I can.

> For the time being I have made sure the javaapp mega jar now includes
> the log4j.properties file in it.

That works.

Cheers,
Nick

--

ATLASSIAN - http://www.atlassian.com
Australia's Fastest Growing Software Company 2002-05 [BRW Magazine]