directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: Convo with Adrew Bartlett (Samba 4 guy) about ADS and Kerberos
Date Tue, 25 Oct 2005 16:53:31 GMT
Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:

Looks like Samba4 peeps are going after the big pie in the sky.  This
time they really want to replace all of the Microsoft stack it seems
rather than just integrate with it or mimic it.  My hat's off to them
and I hope they can pull it off.  Many things now are making sense to
me: all those AD schema appearing for OpenLDAP are for this goal.  I was
wondering why they were popping up and being heavily worked on.

They certainly do have a challenge in front of them though by embedding
a forked version of Heimdhal Kerberos and OpenLDAP.  The combination
however is irresistible.

Thanks for the transcript.

Alex