directory-dev mailing list archives

From Enrique Rodriguez <enriqu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [changepw] Ready for 0.9.3?
Date Fri, 21 Oct 2005 17:08:44 GMT
Alex Karasulu wrote:
> Enrique Rodriguez wrote:
>
>> Alex Karasulu wrote:
> That's cool so we can add it to this release.
>
>> Changepw is stable.  I've tested it quite a bit from Windows 2003 and
>> Linux.  There are two major features missing:
>>
>> 1)  DIRCHANGEPW-4 - Only one user base DN is allowed.  I will be
>> addressing that shortly along with the DNS (DIRDNS-24) zone and
>> Kerberos (DIRKERBEROS-31) realm catalogs.
>>
>> 2)  DIRCHANGEPW-5 - A user's password can only be changed by that
>> user.  With changepw an admin role should be able to change/set a
>> password for a user, but this requires access control, which only
>> recently became available.
>
> I can lend a hand with these access controls.  You think we can get this
> stuff together sometime next week?

I added the 2 issues for general status, not to imply they should get
done for this release.  Changepw works fine ... albeit with 1 realm and
no administrator role support.  I could probably use a hand getting
going with ACI but that could also be a matter of pointing me to sample
code and doco.

I will do any last minute updates, tag as 0.6, and you can release in
apacheds 0.9.3.  I'll update JIRA to schedule these features for 0.7.
Next week is fine for a release of changepw.  I'll start on doco for
changepw, since I already have some for ApacheCon.

Enrique