directory-dev mailing list archives

From Enrique Rodriguez <enriqu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [changepw] Ready for 0.9.3?
Date Fri, 21 Oct 2005 15:54:32 GMT
Alex Karasulu wrote:
> Enrique,
>
> Do you have changepw ready to ship with ApacheDS release 0.9.3?  If not
> do you think you can integrate it into the ServerContextFactory in main
> sometime next week? I'm thinking I can hit as many bug fixes as possible
> while you ready up changepw.  If working inside the ServerContextFactory
> is a bit uncomfortable I can try to work out the integration.  If we
> can't make it we can just delay changepw until 0.9.4 rather than
> delaying this release.
>
> WDYT?

Changepw should be trivial to add.  The API's are identical across the
protocol providers, namely JNDI, MINA, and core Configuration, and
Change Password shares the same user base DN with Kerberos.  I'll take a
look at the integration.  Only thing really to add somewhere is the
boolean for starting it or not.

Changepw is stable.  I've tested it quite a bit from Windows 2003 and
Linux.  There are two major features missing:

1)  DIRCHANGEPW-4 - Only one user base DN is allowed.  I will be
addressing that shortly along with the DNS (DIRDNS-24) zone and Kerberos
(DIRKERBEROS-31) realm catalogs.

2)  DIRCHANGEPW-5 - A user's password can only be changed by that user.
  With changepw an admin role should be able to change/set a password
for a user, but this requires access control, which only recently became
available.

Enrique