directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject [ApacheDS] [ACI] X.501 Basic Access Control implementation is complete.
Date Fri, 21 Oct 2005 06:05:26 GMT
Hi gang,

The ACI implementation is complete however there still is very little
documentation on using the feature.  The best guides at this point are
the test cases and the X.501 specification.  I will be preparing more
documentation gradually over time ... it will take a while since it
really is going to have to be a tutorial.  It's not easy to learn how to
leverage the grammar without clear examples.  Plus there's the other
part of having to understand how to write subtreeSpecifications.

Anyhow I think we are ready now to clear out whatever critical bugs we
have and release ApacheDS 0.9.3.  We're late with this feature release
but the newly introduced features were tough ones.   Any objections to
this approach?  If not we can kick off the vote sometime next week WDYT?

Alex