directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Zoerner <szoer...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Newbe help - startup problems....
Date Thu, 20 Oct 2005 20:53:04 GMT
Hi Jesper!

Me again. I tried the LDAP Browser/Editor from Jarek Gawor as well
(http://www-unix.mcs.anl.gov/~gawor/ldap/), I assume this is your browser?

And it worked. So it is not a problem with this client. I have attached
a screen shot with my configuration. "magritte2 is the hostname, you may
use localhost, if you do not access the directory service remotely. I
used a user (admin) hear in order to check whether I can write to the
directory with the Browser/Editor.

After connection, I was also able to add a new entry, modify it and so
(the suffix dc=apache,dc=org does contain nothing after server start,
only itself).

I hope this helps.

Greetings from Hamburg,
     Stefan