directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Zoerner <szoer...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Newbe help - startup problems....
Date Thu, 20 Oct 2005 18:31:28 GMT
Hi Jesper!

Jesper Söderlund wrote:
> Not much more success there unfortunatly it complained that alot of
> classes were missing when I took the HEAD version in source repository.

As I have written, the current version of the file (i.e. the version
which belongs to the last revision within subversion) does not work with
0.9.2 (and below) because it already references to components which have
been implemented in order to meet the requirements in 0.9.3. This is
probably the cause for your missing classes.

In my test environment, the file in svn revision 240160, checked out by

http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/directory/apacheds/trunk/main/server.xml?rev=240160

worked well with the 0.9.2 release. The server started without any
problem and I was able to connect with an arbitrary LDAP client.

> I did start the 0.9 release successfully and this will probably suffice
> for me for the time beeing until the 0.9.X-branch can be made to work
> for more beginning users.

I would highly recommend to use a newer version, because we have fixed
several major bugs since 0.9. Just give it a try -- you'll get any help
you need to get it up and running (the developers here on the list are
very helpful). It is also possible to use the current 0.9.3 snapshot,
which is available here

http://cvs.apache.org/repository/directory/jars/

> Thanks!
> /Jesper

User feedback is always appreciated. Especially from beginners, because
we obviously have to improve end user experience. But I am probably not
wrong when I assume that you are a skilled person. Why else should you
want to run an LDAP server ;-)

Greetings from Hamburg + Sorry for the inconvenience,
     Stefan