directory-dev mailing list archives

From Niklas Therning <nik...@trillian.se>
Subject [mina] Traffic control patch proposal
Date Thu, 20 Oct 2005 05:32:31 GMT
Hi again,

I've gone ahead with implementing suspend/read for nio transport. Please
see the attached diff for my proposal on how traffic control could be
implemented. This is just a patch for SocketIoProcessor which adds the
ability to apply a mask to the interestOps of a SocketSessionImpl.

Beware, I haven't tested it at all yet, it's only a proposal and maybe
it doesn't work at all. I would like to have your feedback. Maybe you
have a better idea for how to implement this? There might also be some
fundamental things in mina which I havent understood correctly. Please
let me know.

One thing I'm not sure of is what happens to the readyOps if you change
the interestOps during the same select-iteration? Will isReadable be
false if I first mask out OP_READ in the interestOps right before
processSessions() is called? If this isn't the case I guess my patch
won't work without some changes.

BTW, is this the preferred way of submitting patches or should I somehow
attach it to the JIRA issue instead?

Regards,
Niklas Therning