directory-dev mailing list archives

From Phil Steitz <>
Subject Re: Newb question
Date Sat, 08 Oct 2005 06:23:43 GMT wrote:
> Hi,
> Im interested in using the naming subproject however I have a couple of
> q's.
> 1. is this still active?

No recent activity, but accepting patches and will respond to bug reports.

> 2. Where is the official location of the latest snapshot, src, docs?

The latest snapshots (0.9) are here:

The web site containing latest docs is here:

> built the src from
> but it spat out
> a naming-core-0.8.jar,

You need to use maven multiproject if building from the top level. To
just build the core, you need to launch the build from
trunk/naming-core.  See for more info.

yet i was able to download
> naming-core-0.9-SNAPSHOT.jar from elsewhere ( obviously not the official
> site).

> Also the links at
> are somewhat
> broken. If i select say
> and then try to navigate using the links provided to any other package
> it will spit out a url like

> - ie it erroneously includes "naming-core" in the url.

Thanks for pointing this out.  I will fix this.

Please open Jira tickets for any other bugs you find.  Thanks!

View raw message