directory-dev mailing list archives

From Phil Steitz <p...@steitz.com>
Subject Re: Newb question
Date Sat, 08 Oct 2005 06:23:43 GMT
whoman@exemail.com.au wrote:
> Hi,
> Im interested in using the naming subproject however I have a couple of
> q's.
> 1. is this still active?

No recent activity, but accepting patches and will respond to bug reports.

> 2. Where is the official location of the latest snapshot, src, docs?

The latest snapshots (0.9) are here:
http://cvs.apache.org/repository/directory-naming/jars/

The web site containing latest docs is here:
http://directory.apache.org/subprojects/naming/index.html

> built the src from
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/naming/trunk/ but it spat out
> a naming-core-0.8.jar,

You need to use maven multiproject if building from the top level. To
just build the core, you need to launch the build from
trunk/naming-core.  See
http://directory.apache.org/subprojects/naming/building.html for more info.

yet i was able to download
> naming-core-0.9-SNAPSHOT.jar from elsewhere ( obviously not the official
> site).

> Also the links at
> http://directory.apache.org/subprojects/naming/index.html are somewhat
> broken. If i select say
> http://directory.apache.org/subprojects/naming/naming-core/naming-core/index.html
> and then try to navigate using the links provided to any other package
> it will spit out a url like
> http://directory.apache.org/subprojects/naming/naming-core/naming-java/apidocs/index.html

> - ie it erroneously includes "naming-core" in the url.

Thanks for pointing this out.  I will fix this.

Please open Jira tickets for any other bugs you find.  Thanks!

Phil