directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Zoerner <ste...@labeo.de>
Subject Proposal for an Apache Directory Tutorial
Date Fri, 07 Oct 2005 17:07:46 GMT
Hi all!

I have created a proposal doc for a Apache Directory Tutorial (working
title). You can visit the mission statement (a part of it is included
below) and proposed trails at Confluence:
http://docs.safehaus.org/display/APACHEDS/The+Apache+Directory+Tutorial
Feedback is highly appreciated. When the trail topic names have a (more
or less) stable state, I will create appropriate child pages below the
main page and start to add some LDAP content below.

This is from the mission statement:

---

The basic idea is to create a tutorial which helps new users to get
started with the Apache Directory Server. It is important not to forget
its main objective: The tutorial is meant to supplement the
documentation and will reference to it for details. The tutorial does
not intend to replace the documentation (or any parts thereof) as
documentation has a different objective (e.g. completeness) and target
audience (users skilled to some degree).

Design Goals

     * Hands on
     * Small, but fulfilling its task
     * Up to date (therefore it should be small)
     * High quality

---

It is intended to finish a first version of the tutorial together with
the 1.0 release. We can move the content to the ASF site, then. I
volunteer to produce some LDAP lessons, and I will try to create other
things as well. But there are definitely topics, where I will need your
help (e.g. protocols other than LDAP).

What do you think?

Greetings from Hamburg,
     Stefan