directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: svn commit: r307017 - in /directory/apacheds/trunk: core/src/main/java/org/apache/ldap/server/configuration/ main/src/main/java/org/apache/ldap/server/configuration/
Date Fri, 07 Oct 2005 05:32:02 GMT
Trustin Lee wrote:

> Do we need accessControlEnabled property here?  Can user just insert
> or remove AuthorizationService?

That's more of a configuration pain.  Adding and removing the Authz
service can cause more errors and user needs to remember package/class
name etc.  This way users can toggle true/false property to control one
or more authz services.

Plus as touched on above one or more Authz service may be in use.  We
may have in one service for rule-based-access-control and another for
basic-access-control etc.

Alex