directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Zoerner <ste...@labeo.de>
Subject Re: Softerra LDAP Administrator detects Apache Directory Server
Date Thu, 06 Oct 2005 12:21:35 GMT
Hi Kirill,

Thanks again for adding the server detection for Apache! Btw., the
functionality for the Tivoli servers (I checked 5.1, 5.2 and 6.0) works
as well.

Kirill Kovalenko wrote:

> I just have a suggestion for the vendorVersion attribute format that you
> use. Now it's something like this: $Rev: 123456. For many people subversion
> revision number is meaningless and says nothing. Furthermore revision number
> exceeds 2^16, so it cannot be fit into Int16 which we use internally. Of
> course we can switch to using Int32 instead of Int16, but anyway I suggest
> something more standard like major.minor.revison.build which is in your
> case, for example, would be '0.9.3.123456'. Such approach allows people that
> have no idea of subversion revision to identify server version easily.

+1 for this one. Good idea.

Kirill, how about raising an issue at JIRA (issue type == "improvement",
for instance)? You may just copy your suggestion into the description.

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIREVE

Thanks you in advance,
Stefan