directory-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Faiz <n...@atlassian.com>
Subject Re: upgrading to nlog4j.1.2.17
Date Thu, 06 Oct 2005 04:25:21 GMT
Hi Ceki,

Thanks for the response. Were you able to replicate the error yourself?

I'll have to test on IDEA 5.0. Unfortunately, I am currently pushed for
time and will have to follow your suggestions later on. I wanted to
reply to let you know that I had seen your response, though.

I'm a little concerned over another log4j/slf4j conflict which a user
reported when trying to embed ApacheDS into a log4j dependent
application (see attachment). I'm going to put together a test project
of some kind which uses log4j and embeds ApacheDS to verify the
existence of the problem. I'll keep you updated about what I found out
on this front.

What kind of testing strategies have you followed to ensure that
existing applications, using log4j, continue to work when they use a
library which uses slf4j?

Cheers,
Nick