directory-dev mailing list archives

From Maarten Bosteels <m.boste...@pandora.be>
Subject [mina] unbind
Date Wed, 05 Oct 2005 20:52:11 GMT
Hello,

I am checking out MINA and it looks very interesting.

My first question:  when I call unbind(service) or unbindAll() on a
SimpleServiceRegistry
will it wait until all running I/O events are handled ?

In other words:  suppose my  IoHandlerAdapter implementation looks like this

public void dataRead( IoSession session, ByteBuffer rb )
{
    ByteBuffer wb = ByteBuffer.allocate( 4 );
    int res = somethingThatTakesSomeTime();
    wb.putInt ( res );
    wb.flip();
    session.write( wb, null );
}

And thread_x calls unbindAll() while thread_y is busy with somethingThatTakesSomeTime().
Will unbindAll() wait until dataRead() finishes or will thread_y get interrupted somehow ?

I guess I could just try it out, but I would rather like to know what is the intended behaviour.

On a sidenote: is it common to create a 'private' shutdownService (only accepting connections
from localhost)
that just waits for a shutdown command, and then tries to gracefully shutdown ?
(like Tomcat does on port 8005)

Thanks
Maarten