directory-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Faiz <n...@atlassian.com>
Subject Re: upgrading to nlog4j.1.2.17
Date Tue, 11 Oct 2005 22:17:20 GMT
Hey Emmanuel,

On 12/10/2005, at 8:02 AM, Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:

> Yeah, I used it and still does, but I didn't browsed at the code. I
> didn't saw tomcat as something embeddable, too. I don't know either if
> Tomcat has issue with Logging jars, so I can't say if they have made
> this choice for any good reason, or not.

I actually saw a JIRA issue open at JBoss for adopting SLF4J a while
ago. :) I don't know if they did or not.

http://www.jboss.org/?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3889840 (after a quick
google).

> Guys, I just want to add three points :
>  - first, excuse my english that forgives me to be as subtil and
> diplomatic as I would like to be,

No prob.s. :)

>  - second, I really understand Nick point, and I really think it
> should
> be addressed, but I'm just not sure that it's the right pace to do it.

Okay. I understand that it might seem like a noisy chat about SLF4J,
not ApacheDS.

My motive is simple. I am only concerned about logging for ApacheDS.
It has become an ApacheDS issue.

>  - third, I think that Ceki did a lot of good job, he also really
> helped
> us, and I don't want him to think that we think that log4j is a
> pile of
> bok...

Agreed.

Cheers,