directory-dev mailing list archives

From Jérôme Baumgarten <jbaumgar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: upgrading to nlog4j.1.2.17
Date Wed, 12 Oct 2005 19:34:53 GMT
Hi guys,

On 10/12/05, Nick Faiz <nick@atlassian.com> wrote:

<snip />

Okay. I understand that it might seem like a noisy chat about SLF4J,
> not ApacheDS.
>
> My motive is simple. I am only concerned about logging for ApacheDS.
> It has become an ApacheDS issue.
>
> > - third, I think that Ceki did a lot of good job, he also really
> > helped
> > us, and I don't want him to think that we think that log4j is a
> > pile of
> > bok...
> >

> Agreed.
>

> Cheers,
> Nick

If you go for SLF4J, wouldn't that resolve your problem. For running in a
standalone more, you then can choose whatever SLF4J version you want, the
one using Simple-Log or nlog4j. Using ApacheDS embedded in another
application, you can also choose the most appropriate SLF4J version. If you
may get into troubles because of log4j then you go for the Simple-Log based
SLF4J. This could easily be resolved by externalizing the logging jar.

Jérôme