directory-dev mailing list archives

From Jérôme Baumgarten <jbaumgar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: DN like "ou=test+ou=test2,cn=whatever,..."
Date Thu, 06 Oct 2005 20:58:47 GMT
RFC 2253 Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (v3): UTF-8 String
Representation of Distinguished Names

Section "3. Parsing a String back to a Distinguished Name" says the
following :

distinguishedName = [name]                    ; may be empty string

name       = name-component *("," name-component)

name-component = attributeTypeAndValue *("+" attributeTypeAndValue)

attributeTypeAndValue = attributeType "=" attributeValue

but i do not know if you can use several times the same attributeType, might
be in the RFC but (sorry) I do not have the time to read through the full
RFC.

Regards,
Jerome