directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: DnParser
Date Wed, 19 Oct 2005 00:44:56 GMT
<snip/>
> >8.1 :
> >When performing the caseIgnoreMatch, caseIgnoreListMatch,
> >   telephoneNumberMatch, caseExactIA5Match and caseIgnoreIA5Match,
> >   *multiple adjoining whitespace characters are treated the same as an*
> >*   individual space*, and leading and trailing whitespace is ignored.
> >

> That was a good description of why this is the case.
>
> Alex

At a point, we may want to have a DnParser, and a DnNormalizer. The
DnParser will just check that the DN is correct, and the DnNormalizer
will use the Schema to transform the NameComponents.

It's not obvious that the normalization should occur during the parsing.
I don't know if just a question of separation of concern, or of
performance is improved by this three phases process (I don't think so),
but the fact is that we should go through those three phases :

1) String -> nameComponents
2) nameComponents -> normalized nameComponents
3) normalized nameComponents -> normalized String

What is the best solution?

wdyt ?