directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject RE: upgrading to nlog4j.1.2.17
Date Tue, 11 Oct 2005 22:02:05 GMT
On Tue, 2005-10-11 at 17:46 -0400, Noel J. Bergman wrote:

<snip/>
> That isn't how I understood the aspect of the thread to which I was
> replying.  If so the discussion is moot at this point.

Sorry, 'moot' is not in my dictionnary (basically, I'm french ;).

> > I personally never met a project using Java SDK logging.
>
> Ever use Tomcat 5?  Not sure if JBoss is also switching or not.

Yeah, I used it and still does, but I didn't browsed at the code. I
didn't saw tomcat as something embeddable, too. I don't know either if
Tomcat has issue with Logging jars, so I can't say if they have made
this choice for any good reason, or not.

Guys, I just want to add three points :
 - first, excuse my english that forgives me to be as subtil and
diplomatic as I would like to be,
 - second, I really understand Nick point, and I really think it should
be addressed, but I'm just not sure that it's the right pace to do it.
 - third, I think that Ceki did a lot of good job, he also really helped
us, and I don't want him to think that we think that log4j is a pile of
bok...

Back to debug session ...

-- Emmanuel