directory-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Faiz <n...@atlassian.com>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS][Release] Remaining JIRA issues for 0.9.3 roadmap
Date Tue, 25 Oct 2005 11:39:55 GMT
Hi,

DIREVE-264 is important from another perspective - logging. We want
to ensure that the *only* time we release an actual slf4j
implementation is for the standalone. In other words, we shouldn't
bundle a slf4j logger in the main jar.

This is important for embedding ApacheDS - some loggers clash. If you
are using the plain jar, you will need to choose which slf4j
implementation you want to run.

I was going to work on improving the current standalone maven goal
(in main) in two steps:

1st step: move the maven standalone goal up to the apacheds/
maven.xml . This way we can have a top level standalone goal which
can also bundle documentation.

2nd step: make sure the standalone was complimentary to Enrique's
OSGi standalone project.

If we want to complete the 1st step I can work on it this weekend. If
we need it before then I'm quite happy to work with someone to do it.

Cheers,
Nick