directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Kirill Kovalenko" <kir...@softerra.com>
Subject RE: Softerra LDAP Administrator detects Apache Directory Server
Date Thu, 06 Oct 2005 10:33:57 GMT
Hello folks,

I just have a suggestion for the vendorVersion attribute format that you
use. Now it's something like this: $Rev: 123456. For many people subversion
revision number is meaningless and says nothing. Furthermore revision number
exceeds 2^16, so it cannot be fit into Int16 which we use internally. Of
course we can switch to using Int32 instead of Int16, but anyway I suggest
something more standard like major.minor.revison.build which is in your
case, for example, would be '0.9.3.123456'. Such approach allows people that
have no idea of subversion revision to identify server version easily.

Sincerely yours,

Kirill Kovalenko
Product Manager
Softerra LLC
http://www.softerra.com
http://www.ldapadministrator.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Stefan Zoerner [mailto:stefan@labeo.de]
Sent: Wednesday, October 05, 2005 11:05 PM
To: Apache Directory Developers List
Subject: Softerra LDAP Administrator detects Apache Directory Server

Hi all!

Just a little note to tell you that Softerra LDAP Administrator is now
(version 3.2.1) able to detect Apache Directory Server.

This is a corollary of fixing DIREVE-211 (thanks to Alex) and a
suggestion I made to Softerra some weeks ago (thanks to Kirill for
adding this one). See the release notes of the new version for details:
http://ldapadministrator.com/resources/english/info/releases/LA321.ReleaseNo
tes.html

I have just tested the detection functionality with our current server,
and it works perfect. Attached you find a screen shot. After connecting
to a server with the tool, the properties dialog looks like this.

Greetings from Hamburg, Stefan