The Apache Directory team proudly announces the release MINA, a network application framework, version 0.7.4.

MINA (Multipurpose Infrastructure for Network Applications) is a network application framework which helps users develop network applications easily by providing abstractions of network and protocol I/O layers.

The MINA project website includes resources such as a PDF introduction to MINA (http://directory.apache.org/subprojects/network/mina.pdf) and an online tutorial (http://wiki.apache.org/directory/MinaTutorial), which includes implementation of the echo protocol, as well as an implementation of a "reverse echo" to show how MINA can process data.

Feture List:

* Unified and extensible API for various transport types (TCP and UDP)
* In-VM pipe communication
* Provides both low-level and high-level API
* Stream-based asynchronous I/O support
* Filter interface as an extension point; similar to Servlet filters
* SSL support via SSLFilter thanks to Java 5 SSLEngine
* Built-in thread pool
* Unit-test your protocol without network connection
* Smooth migration from Netty, a popular NIO framework

Changes since 0.7.3:

* Several bug fixes
* More user-friendly ByteBuffer management

Please visit MINA web site: http://directory.apache.org/subprojects/network/index.html

Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/