directory-dev mailing list archives

From Fabien Le Floc'h <logo...@gmail.com>
Subject [MINA] protocol with long messages
Date Mon, 19 Sep 2005 16:40:50 GMT
Hi,

I am very new to MINA. I am excited since it has lots of good ideas. I was
wondering if the ProtocolHandler was adapted to process very long messages.
In those cases, you don't want to pass the message content, you would like
to stream it. I don't exactly see how this kind of protocol would fit in the
MINA Protocol vision when looking at the MINA tutorial (only documentation),
as you might want to know when a part of the message is read (header for
example), and stream the remaining (body).

I see a way in one example, using StreamIoHandler, maybe it would be nice if
this was documented?

Is there any other way?

Fabien.