directory-dev mailing list archives

From Vinod Panicker <vino...@gmail.com>
Subject [mina] SSLFilter race condition
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2005 10:57:35 GMT
Hi,

I'm facing a race condition in SSLFilter.  Basically I've done a
"STARTTLS" kind of implementation in which SSL is enabled over an
existing plain-text connection.  The server tells the client to start
the SSL negotiation via the application protocol and puts an SSLFilter
over the connection to handle the handshake.

The race condition occurs when the client sends the SSL handshake even
before the SSLFilter is implemented on the connection.  This data is
sent to the IoHandler and causes all sorts of problems.  Ultimately
the session is in limbo - it has to be closed.

Any possible solutions?  I've not opened a JIRA issue as yet coz I
wanted to make sure that this cant be handled by the application and
has to be done in MINA.

Regards,
Vinod.