directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Giampaolo Tomassoni" <g.tomass...@libero.it>
Subject R: ACIs update
Date Mon, 12 Sep 2005 18:28:50 GMT

Well, I was talking about the whole system footprint: I bet there is also the need for a java
runtime in order to run apacheDS. May I say that the ready-to-run apacheds footprint is around
25 MB? It is close to ten times the needs of openldap...

Also, memory consumption is probably greater in apacheds. My idle apacheds without Mitosis
seems to sink about 20 MB of ram and Java servers are memory-hungry when serving requests.
Openldap with syncrepl is around 16 MB and keeps this size more or less for its whole execution.

> Enrique

Thanks for replying,

	Giampaolo