directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Giampaolo Tomassoni" <g.tomass...@libero.it>
Subject ACIs update
Date Mon, 12 Sep 2005 15:34:21 GMT
Dears,

sorry for bothering you. I just registered to this mailing list and I'm approaching directory.apache.org
because of some limits I'm facing with openldap.

Your code seems to overcame many of these limits (mostly regarding a dynamically-built tree
based on content of other trees) while it seem to me not already mature for a production environment
and borrowing some other limits.

The biggest limit (with respect to my purposes) I can actually see is the lack of ACIs implementation.
Browsing this list it seems you are actually working on it. Am I right? Is there any non-stable
release with ACI support?

Also, the available documentation seems to me scarce and obsolete: to start the server, in
example, it suggests to specify a properties file and supplies an example. It seems to me,
instead, that now the server needs an xml file to start, whose content is mostly undocumented
(I did finally manage to start it with a couple of test tree, anyway).

Is there a site documenting this project a bit better?

Also, am I right in believing this project is aimed to produce a general-purpose (LDAP) directory
server? Or are its purposes anything else (like being a piece of a bigger product)?

Thanks for your help,

Giampaolo Tomassoni - IT Consultant
Piazza VIII Aprile 1948, 4
I-53044 Chiusi (SI) - Italy