directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Thom Park" <Thom.P...@borland.com>
Subject RE: Problem embedding 0.92 ApacheDS...
Date Fri, 30 Sep 2005 14:53:22 GMT
Hi Nick,

Sorry - I apologize for not getting feedback to you - I got a bit lost
in the weeds with the problems we were having with schema parsing.

 Unfortunately,  we still have the same issue of  an incompatability
between log4J and slf4j.

We rolled our release back to ApacheDS 0.9 for now, such that we were
able to progress further but obviously, we'll need to solve this problem
to continue using the newer versions of ApacheDS.

-Thom

________________________________

From: Nick Faiz [mailto:nickfaiz@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 29, 2005 9:43 PM
To: Apache Directory Developers List
Subject: Re: Problem embedding 0.92 ApacheDS...

Thom,

Can you let me know if recompiling fixed the logger incompatibility? If
it did we can document it somewhere. If it didn't we'll have to find
another fix.

Cheers,
Nick

On 9/30/05, Nick Faiz <nickfaiz@gmail.com> wrote:

Thom,

We're sorry that you're seeing this problem.

Are you able to recompile 0.9.2 from source and include that result in
your app.? If so, could you open apacheds/trunk/project.xml and replace
the current nlog4j dependency with this:

      <dependency>

        <groupId>org.slf4j</groupId>

        <artifactId>nlog4j</artifactId>

        <version>1.2.17</version>

        <url>http://slf4j.org/nlog4j</url>

      </dependency>

Running `maven -Dmaven.test.skip=true multiproject:install ` at the same
location will compile the jars for you.

I can't guarantee that this will fix the problem but I think the 0.9.2
version uses nlog4j 1.2.14, which was having issues along these lines.

Cheers,

Nick