directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Thom Park" <Thom.P...@borland.com>
Subject RE: Problem embedding 0.92 ApacheDS...
Date Thu, 29 Sep 2005 19:13:44 GMT
Hmm...

After following the steps in ServerMain, I'm now getting loads of errors
from log4J:

If I have the ApacheDS down the classpath from my application, I find I
get this error:

SLF4J built for org.slf4j.impl.Log4jLoggerFA

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError

at
org.apache.ldap.server.jndi.ServerContextFactory.startLdapProtocol(Serve
rContextFactory.java:222)

at
org.apache.ldap.server.jndi.ServerContextFactory.afterStartup(ServerCont
extFactory.java:108)

at
org.apache.ldap.server.jndi.DefaultContextFactoryService.startup(Default
ContextFactoryService.java:204)

at
org.apache.ldap.server.jndi.AbstractContextFactory.getInitialContext(Abs
tractContextFactory.java:99)

at
javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getInitialContext(NamingManager.java:667)

at
javax.naming.InitialContext.getDefaultInitCtx(InitialContext.java:247)

at javax.naming.InitialContext.init(InitialContext.java:223)

at javax.naming.InitialContext.<init>(InitialContext.java:197)

at
javax.naming.directory.InitialDirContext.<init>(InitialDirContext.java:8
2)

at
com.borland.sdop.registry.server.RegistryServer.initialDirContext(Regist
ryServer.java:158)

at
com.borland.sdop.registry.server.RegistryServer.setupRegistryEngine(Regi
stryServer.java:169)

at
com.borland.sdop.registry.server.RegistryServer.run(RegistryServer.java:
51)

at
com.borland.sdop.registry.server.RegistryProcess.main(RegistryProcess.ja
va:50)

This is being emitted from the ApacehDS classes, prior to loading them
all log4J messages were emitted correctly to the log.

Now, I understand you're picking up our log4J in the classpath - but -
if I then move the ApacheDS jars ahead of mine in the classpath I get:

org.apache.log4j.Logger.debug(Ljava/lang/Object;)V

at
blah.blah.RegistryProcess.installShutdownHandler(RegistryProcess.java:14
6)

at blah.blah.RegistryProcess.main(RegistryProcess.java:39)

it appears to me that the method "debug" that handles an array of
objects is missing from the logger implementation bundled with ApacheDS.

Is there anywhere in the ApacheDS documentation that describes how to
configure ApacheDS to co-exist with 'normal' log4J - to change our
application over to a non-standard log4J would be a non-trivial
undertaking at this point.

-Thom