directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Thom Park" <Thom.P...@borland.com>
Subject RE: help building/extending ApacheDS
Date Mon, 26 Sep 2005 17:52:16 GMT
Alex,

Thanks for this!

Can you tell me how the schema->java files is being done - is it a java
routine that does the magic or is it a maven/jelly procedure. I ask as
it would be nice to be able to do this outside of the maven environment
and create a standalone utility that could read-in a schema file and
generate a set of java source files.

That way , I won't need to build the apacheds sub-system all the time,
and be able to generate and compile these files from the product binary
distribution.

Perhaps not a big deal to a developer, but for my needs, working from
the binary distribution rather than the full-blown source distribution
is a signification streamlining of the whole operation

Cheers,

Thom

-----Original Message-----
From: Alex Karasulu [mailto:aok123@bellsouth.net]
Sent: Monday, September 26, 2005 10:43 AM
To: Apache Directory Developers List
Subject: Re: help building/extending ApacheDS

Thom Park wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm attempting to add a new schema to ApacheDS and am hitting a spot
> of bother.
>
> The firs issue is with building ApacheDS itself.
>
> I've hit two snags that I can't seem to work around (I'm using JDK
> 1.5.0_04 b.t.w.).
>
>    1. aspectjrt.jar not found in classpath.
>
> No matter what I do - I cannot get this part of the goal-set to build.

> I tried downloading the latest aspectj jar (aspectj-1.2.jar), renamed
> it to aspectjrt.jar and placed it in my classpath (environment) to no
> avail, the maven build does not find it and then complains.

This jar is not longer used with ApacheDS. You're using an older
version.

>    2. Compile-time errors.
>
> I get the following build errors:

D:\apacheds-0.9\apacheds-0.9\core\src\main\java\org\apache\ldap\server\a
uthn\Aut

> henticatorConfigBuilder.java:67 error The type AbstractStringBuilder
> is not visi
>
> ble
>
> buf.append( EnvKeys.AUTHENTICATOR_CLASS ).append( authenticatorName );
>
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

D:\apacheds-0.9\apacheds-0.9\core\src\main\java\org\apache\ldap\server\a
uthn\Aut

> henticatorConfigBuilder.java:80 error The type AbstractStringBuilder
> is not visi
>
> ble
>
> buf.append( EnvKeys.AUTHENTICATOR_PROPERTIES ).append(
> authenticatorName );
>
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

D:\apacheds-0.9\apacheds-0.9\core\src\main\java\org\apache\ldap\server\d
b\gui\En

> tryNode.java:191 error The type AbstractStringBuilder is not visible
>
> buf.append( "(" ).append( id ).append( ") " );
>
> ^^^^
>
> And so forth...
>
> As far as I can tell, the schema generation goal doesn't get reached
> because of these earlier failures.
>
> Can someone advise me of what I could be doing wrong and/or point me
> at a build/howto for ApacheDS that goes into a little more detail than

> that on the web-site - it's a little on the light side and, since I'm
> by no means an expert in Maven, am not getting very far working this
> out for myself.

Move up to the ApacheDS 0.9.2 release tag if you are going to build.

Alex