directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Thom Park" <Thom.P...@borland.com>
Subject help building/extending ApacheDS
Date Mon, 26 Sep 2005 17:23:42 GMT
Hi,

I'm attempting to add a new schema to ApacheDS and am hitting a spot of
bother.

The firs issue is with building ApacheDS itself.

I've hit two snags that I can't seem to work around (I'm using JDK
1.5.0_04 b.t.w.).

1.	aspectjrt.jar not found in classpath.

No matter what I do - I cannot get this part of the goal-set to build. I
tried downloading the latest aspectj jar (aspectj-1.2.jar), renamed it
to aspectjrt.jar and placed it in my classpath (environment) to no
avail, the maven build does not find it and then complains.

2.	Compile-time errors.

I get the following build errors:

D:\apacheds-0.9\apacheds-0.9\core\src\main\java\org\apache\ldap\server\a
uthn\Aut

henticatorConfigBuilder.java:67 error The type AbstractStringBuilder is
not visi

ble

buf.append( EnvKeys.AUTHENTICATOR_CLASS ).append( authenticatorName );

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

D:\apacheds-0.9\apacheds-0.9\core\src\main\java\org\apache\ldap\server\a
uthn\Aut

henticatorConfigBuilder.java:80 error The type AbstractStringBuilder is
not visi

ble

buf.append( EnvKeys.AUTHENTICATOR_PROPERTIES ).append( authenticatorName
);

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

D:\apacheds-0.9\apacheds-0.9\core\src\main\java\org\apache\ldap\server\d
b\gui\En

tryNode.java:191 error The type AbstractStringBuilder is not visible

buf.append( "(" ).append( id ).append( ") " );

^^^^

And so forth...

As far as I can tell, the schema generation goal doesn't get reached
because of these earlier failures.

Can someone advise me of what I could be doing wrong and/or point me at
a build/howto for ApacheDS that goes into a little more detail than that
on the web-site - it's a little on the light side and, since I'm by no
means an expert in Maven, am not getting very far working this out for
myself.

Thanks,

Thom