directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Jacob Barrett" <Jaco...@attachmatewrq.com>
Subject In process access to directory.
Date Tue, 20 Sep 2005 22:38:58 GMT
What is the correct method for getting the JNDI context of the directory
from "in process" without going through LDAP?  I figured it would just
be:

Properties env = new Properties();
env.setProperty(Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY,
CoreContextFactory.class.getName());
new InitialDirContext(env);

The source behind this (AbstractContextFactory) though expects one of
the Configuration objects in the env, and from what I can tell there
isn't one that just locates a directory by it's instance id.

Am I on the correct track?  Do I just need to patch the
AbstractContextFactory to look for the instance id as a env property if
no config property is found?  Is there a better way to get the context
internally?

My end game here is to be able to grab the context as different users.
I don't want to have to do it through the loopback address via LDAP.  Is
this the correct way to do this?

=Jake