directory-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Boorshtein <mboorsht...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] Moving to JDK 5.0
Date Fri, 23 Sep 2005 15:45:17 GMT
Well, the language features are backwards compatible (generics & enums). I
think the main problem is the class libraries. Prior to 1.4 new labraries
went first into the "javax" package first, so you could use them in older
JREs.

As to anyone using it in production, I'd be very doubtfull that any
commercial apps are shipping 1.5 (I know several that still require 1.3).

Marc