directory-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Boorshtein <mboorsht...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Servser] SSL Support?
Date Thu, 22 Sep 2005 14:51:48 GMT
Well, it depends on your needs. If you are going to use public key
authentication, then yes you would need SASL. However if all you want is
transport level security then you only need to enable SSL (with a key&cert).
This way users are still authenticated using simple binds but the
communications are encrypted.

Marc