directory-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Boorshtein <mboorsht...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] Another failed draft on access control
Date Sun, 18 Sep 2005 16:32:38 GMT
Well, Octet String doesn't handle sub-entries (at least not in the X500 or
apacheds sence). It's a virtual directory and so does not store any data
locally (unless explicity through the local store adapter). ACLs are
implemented as a flat file (a file of ACIs in the 2.X series and an XML
representation in the 3.X serieas) that is loaded on system startup. This
allowed for VDE to act without things like replication and backups. As for
how close to the draft it is, it's fairly close, but has added some
extensions that allow for some more flexability.