directory-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Boorshtein <mboorsht...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [OT] Schema restrictions within eDirectory
Date Sat, 17 Sep 2005 16:32:01 GMT
I'm pretty sure that the RDN for an AD person HAS to be "cn" (again because
it isn't an LDAP server, but it instead exposes it's self through LDAP). The
reason for the restriction by novell is data integrity. Their schema must
allow you to specify rdn attributes for each objectClass, allowing an admin
to better control the data that is put in their directory. I'm not sure if
this is a standard or not however.

For AD, you can rename a "user", but you can only change the value of "cn",
not which attribute is the rdn.

Marc