directory-dev mailing list archives

From Trustin Lee <trus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Delay forwarding data
Date Fri, 30 Sep 2005 02:47:57 GMT
Hi Christian,

2005/9/29, Christian Beil <christian.beil@web.de>:

> we talked some time ago. I told you about the SALSA project I'm working
> on and that we use MINA.
> I am programming a kind of proxy and it works fine.
> But I need to delay some of the forwarded data.
> I am analyzing MINA framework myself, but I think you know it a little
> better :-)
> I wondered if you have an idea how this could be achieved.
> I hope you can help.

You'll have to take a look at SocketIoProcessor first. SocketIoProcessor
doesn't notify when a session is ready to read or write if you didn't
register for SelectionKey.OP_READ or OP_WRITE. So if you're going to block
writing you'll have to modify where SocketIoProcessor register for OP_WRITE
flag. For write operations, it will start even if OP_WRITE flag is not set
when user requests write operation immediately. You'll have to modify
SocketIoProcessor not to flush the writeBufferQueue when the session is
'suspended' for write opertaions.

HTH,
Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/