directory-dev mailing list archives

From Trustin Lee <trus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [mina] How to implement graceful shutdown
Date Fri, 30 Sep 2005 02:43:41 GMT
Hi Paolo,

2005/9/29, Paolo Perrucci <p.perrucci@ludonet.it>:

> I want to implement a graceful shutdown mechanism for a simple
> MyApplicationServer using mina.
> I want to realize a shutdown() method that block accepting connections
> and wait for all connected client to exit closing their connections.
> Doing some tests, it seems that SimpleServiceRegistry.unbind() methods
> stops thread pool so I must close the active connections BEFORE unbind
> the service.
> Is there a "suggested" way to do this?

For now, you have to track all sessions open by yourself (using HashSet),
close all open session before calling unbindAll(), and call unbindAll(). We
know this issue and will be fixed in 0.8.

Please watch this issue here to get notified when this issues is fixed:

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRMINA-93

Thanks,
Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/