directory-dev mailing list archives

From Trustin Lee <trus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Re: [ApacheDS][ACDFEngine] Why are we passing NextInterceptor to engine?
Date Fri, 30 Sep 2005 02:39:37 GMT
2005/9/30, Alex Karasulu <aok123@bellsouth.net>:

> If you need access to the DIT then you should just pass in the
> PartitionContextNexus rather then passing in the NextInterceptor. Passing in
> the NextInterceptor makes me think you want to complete the operation within
> the ACDFEngine rather than use it to access the DIT.

We don't have any direct access to ContextPartitionNexus in an interceptor,
and ContextPartitionNexus bypasses all interceptors in the chain. We'll have
to use JNDI context. Does this make sense? I'm not sure.

Can you outline how you are accessing the DIT using NextInterceptor?

Please take a look at MaxImmSubFilter.java:100.

Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/