directory-dev mailing list archives

From Trustin Lee <trus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] Moving to JDK 5.0
Date Fri, 23 Sep 2005 16:16:55 GMT
What retroweaver do is manipulation of Java 1.5 bytecodes to transform your
1.5 classes (version 0.49) into 1.4 classes (version 0.48). And it replaces
names of "java.*" classes introduced first in Java 5 with
backward-compatible ones in retroweaver.jar. It's quite tricky, but it
works. I even saw a guy who's substituting java.util.concurrent with the
backport library though it is not included in official retroweaver
distribution.

Trustin

http://gleamynode.net/