directory-dev mailing list archives

From Trustin Lee <trus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: DIREVE-253
Date Fri, 23 Sep 2005 02:56:01 GMT
Hi Norbert,

2005/9/23, Norbet Reilly <nrhope@gmail.com>:

> Hi Trustin,
>  Just thought I might mention this issue to you as well, as I gather from
> your postings that you are the MINA guru, and my limitted understanding of
> the root cause under this issue leads me to suspect that the MINA level may
> be involved in some way.

MINA is just a network application framework. It doesn't have relationship
with escaping IMHO. You'd better to look at the LDAP protocol handler and
LDAP codec. You can locate them at:

* protocol-providers\ldap\trunk
* shared\ldap\trunk

I know you guys are really busy, but if you get a second to scan the issue
> (and reassign the component if reqd) that would be great. I'm happy to
> investigate further but don't really know how to go about it, so if there
> are any simple pointers about how to investigate further I'll hop to it. For
> instance I'm not sure why URL encoding gets into the LDAP results picture at
> all, and where it might be occuring in the code.

I didn't look into the codec part, so I cannot tell you why URL encoding
gets into LDAP. Perhaps Alex or Emmanuel could help us here.

Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/