directory-dev mailing list archives

From Trustin Lee <trus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [mina] SSLFilter race condition
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2005 16:02:25 GMT
Hi,

2005/9/1, Julien Vermillard <jvermillard@archean.fr>:

> > Any possible solutions? I've not opened a JIRA issue as yet coz I
> > wanted to make sure that this cant be handled by the application and
> > has to be done in MINA.
>
> A solution whould be to install the filter, then send the ACK of the SSL
> installation to the client by by-passing the "just installed" SSL
> filter, I'm not sure it's possible. Without that you will need to tweak
> a delay before the client start the SSL handshaking for avoiding the
> receptino of the first SSL bytes before the IoHandler being ready :( I
> think it should go to JIRA no ? Installing a filter should lock the
> processing of incoming/outgoing buffers ?

Sounds like a good quick-fix. But how can we bypass? We'll have to make
SSLFilter can detect ACK data and bypass it, but I think ACK data can be
different among implementations. So we need other way to bypass it.

Let me think....

We could create a wrapped ByteBuffer whose type is 'SSLBypassByteBuffer' so
that SSLFilter can bypass it. WDYT?

Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/