directory-dev mailing list archives

From Trustin Lee <trus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [mina] SSLFilter race condition
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2005 15:56:42 GMT
Hi,

2005/9/1, Vinod Panicker <vinod.p@gmail.com>:

> The race condition occurs when the client sends the SSL handshake even
> before the SSLFilter is implemented on the connection. This data is
> sent to the IoHandler and causes all sorts of problems. Ultimately
> the session is in limbo - it has to be closed.

I see.

Any possible solutions? I've not opened a JIRA issue as yet coz I
> wanted to make sure that this cant be handled by the application and
> has to be done in MINA.

Please take a look at DIRMINA-2. It defines some traffic control methods
that will help you to resolve this issue. It is not implemented yet,
possibly you could contribute! ;)

I really want to focus to MINA, but I don't have much time really these days
though I want to release 0.8 and 0.9 ASAP.

Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/