directory-dev mailing list archives

From Ceki Gülcü <lis...@qos.ch>
Subject Re: upgrading to nlog4j.1.2.17
Date Tue, 13 Sep 2005 07:48:55 GMT

Hello Nick,

Could you send me the a stack trace of the NoSuchMethodError?

As of NLOG4J 1.2.16, code compiled against log4j.jar will run fine with
nlog4j.jar. However, the inverse is not true. Code compiled with NLOG4J
will only run with NLOG4J. This means that your code, when compiled with
NLOG4J, will depend on NLOG4J, which in my humble opinion is a rather
reasonable requirement, especially if you consider that NLOG4J has SLF4J
support which log4j does not have.

Considering the direction of compatibility, perhaps you are trying to
access methods only available in nlog4j when only log4j.jar is available in
the class path?

Being somewhat familiar with IDEA, I'd be happy to try reproduce the
problem. Do you have a tiny project/test case to make it easy for me?

Cheers,

--
Ceki Gülcü