directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject [ApacheDS] Best way to manage a dependency on a JSR 28 jar?
Date Sat, 24 Sep 2005 06:24:37 GMT
Hello,

Over at Directory we have some questions regarding how we are to deal
with a dependency on a JSR 28 jar.  We need to impose a dependency on
the SASL API RI jar.  Here's a link to the JSR 28 page:

http://www.jcp.org/aboutJava/communityprocess/final/jsr028/index2.html

While consulting with Brett Porter, we looked around for a license and
found this here:

http://www.worldspot.com/jsr28/jsr28_bizterms.txt

We had the following questions regarding our handling of this jar:

1). Can we distribute it inside a binary distribution?
2). Can we download it at build time from a maven repository?
3). Can we check the jar into the SVN repository at the ASF?

If none of these are possible is there an alternative that will allow us
to use this API while meeting the constraints of the license?

Thanks,
Alex